The Haslemere Clinic’s qualified counsellors and therapists are: Clive Henderson, Isabel Bristowe, Fiona Taylor, Nicky Wilson and Elva Carter. Please read more about them below.
See also our Counselling Knowledge base
MBACP Snr. (Accred) Young Person, Adult and Couple Psychotherapist.
My role as a Counsellor is to enable you the client to explore many aspects of your life and feelings,by talking openly and freely. Talking in such a way is rarely possible with family or friends, who are likely to be emotionally involved and have opinions and biases that may be detrimental to the success of the counselling.
It is therefore important that the Counsellor is not emotionally involved with you the client and does not become so during the counselling sessions. The Counsellor neither judges, nor offers advice. The Counsellor gives you the client an opportunity to express difficult feelings such as anger, resentment, guilt and fear, for example, in a confidential environment. The Counsellor may encourage you the client to examine parts of your lives that they may have found difficult or impossible to face before.
There may be some exploration of early childhood experiences in order to throw some light on why you the individual reacts or responds in certain ways in given situations. This is often followed by considering ways in which you might choose to change such behaviours.
Effective counselling reduces confusion, allowing you to make effective decisions leading to positive changes in your attitude and/or behaviour.
Effective counselling is not advice-giving and is not acting on someone else’s behalf (these are more the roles of a life coach). The ultimate aim of counselling is to enable you to make your own choices, reach your own decisions and to act upon them.
I also offer Supervision, Training and Life Coaching.
Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Eating Disorders, General counselling, Health related issues, Life Coaching, Personal Development, Relationships, Self Esteem, Stress
Registered Member MBACP (Snr Accred), Dip Humanistic Counselling, 1999; Comb Cert Counselling Skills & Theory, 1996; Acc 2002; Snr Acc 2012
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural), Existential, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative
Type of clients
Adults, Couples, Older Adults, Families, Groups, Organisations
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, On-line counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling.
Tel: 01428 653768 | Mob: 07775 580323 | Email: email@example.com
Individual and couples therapist.
When we have problems in our life, or life itself seems problematic, it can help to talk to a caring professional. I offer the opportunity to engage in a non-judgmental and confidential exploration of your world. I am a fully qualified and accredited BACP counsellor working with individuals and couples. I work with adults and older teenagers and offer both short term and long term support. I can offer sessions in French.
I believe the relationship my client and I build is the most important element in the healing process. When this working relationship is collaborative, trusting and feels safe it encourages understanding of what can be changed in your life and how to accept and better manage what cannot be changed.
Training & Experience
My training and qualification is an integrative-relational approach which draws on a range of theories, including psychodynamic and humanistic approaches. I read widely and also regularly attend workshops covering other approaches such as CBT and mindfulness. This means I can tailor our collaborative work to best fit your individual concerns within a safe and compassionate environment.
I have also been formally trained as an emotionally focused therapist (visit www.iceeft.com for more information) to help support couples facing challenges in their relationship. This approach is collaborative in helping you to identify the repeated patterns of conflict that create distance between you. I work with you both to develop a deeper understanding of the difficult emotions that you are both experiencing. These emotions that include fear, loneliness and hurt drive these negative patterns. Together we can look at transforming the distress and distance between you to a rediscovery of the love that brought you together and a strengthening of this bond.
My experience includes working as a CRUSE bereavement volunteer with adults and children. I have also worked with Surrey Care Trust helping support teenagers who have struggled to fit into mainstream school and as a mentor to help with their personal goals.
I also have experience of supporting people covering a wide range of difficulties. These include abuse, addiction, anxiety problems, bereavement, childhood abuse or neglect, depression, low self-esteem, MS, cancer, pregnancy and birth, rape, relationship issues, sex problems, sexual and gender identity issues, stress, terminal illness and work related stress.
I also have a practice in London.
BA (Hons) Integrative-Relational Counselling, BSc (Hons) Psychology
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Accred) and I am bound by its Ethical Framework. My work is supervised by a senior practitioner.
If you would like to talk through your needs informally, please just contact me, I would be very happy to talk to you. You can access more information about me and counselling on my website: http://www.isabelbristowecounselling.co.uk/
Mob: 07943 506490 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counsellor and Psychotherapist, MBACP – Adults and young people
Most people through life encounter difficulties that they have to deal with. For some the difficulties can all become too much and they feel they need support. As a counsellor and psychotherapist I offer a safe confidential space where you can explore and work through whatever issues you are struggling with and wish to bring to counselling. It is important to build a strong therapeutic relationship between us so you feel comfortable and supported as you will be dealing with difficult and sometimes very personal thoughts and feelings. We will work together at your pace exploring whatever you wish to bring to each session, empowering you to develop your own strategies to cope and move forward with your life.
I am supportive, non-judgmental, and caring with a wealth of life experience. I offer an introductory session which is a chance for you to meet me and see if counselling is something you would like to proceed with at this point in time.
I have extensive experience of wide range of issues including Depression, anxiety and stress; Relationship and family difficulties; Low confidence and self-esteem; Self-harm; Abuse; Trauma/ post-traumatic stress disorder; General counselling and other mental health issues; Eating disorders; Bereavement.
I have also most recently worked for Portsmouth Counselling Service, Youth Counselling Service and Step by Step which provides counselling support to young people in Surrey.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 CPCAB Diploma
- NCFE Level 3 Award, Counselling Skill and Theory, NCFE Level 1 & 2 Awards
- Creative therapy work with children and young people
- Trauma, dissociation and recovery course
- Ongoing continuing professional development
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and abide by their principles of good practice in their Ethical Framework.
Mob: 07841 396020 | Email: email@example.com
I offer counselling for individuals with a warm, caring approach to problem solving and healing. As an experienced, counsellor, my approach is accepting and non-judgmental, allowing clients time and space to be heard, and explore more about themselves, and the issues they are facing – at their own pace; most often bringing about lasting and positive results. I realise that counselling can seem really daunting, especially for those who have not undertaken it before and so I offer a free preliminary session to allow time for both of us to discover if we feel happy about working with each other.
I am an integrative counsellor, (BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling) which means I can work in a way to suit each client’s individual needs.Whether you want some help coming to terms with major issues in your life or a listening ear to help you find a way forward, I can help you overcome present difficulties and find next steps. You may only require a few sessions or wish to engage in long term work. We would agree a way forward at our first session together, and monitor the work as we go. You are in control at all times.
I can help with a variety of issues such as, depression, anxiety, stress related issues, post-traumatic stress, self-esteem, anger management, worried about children or other family members, experiencing relationship difficulties, suffering illness or bereavement, experiencing employment difficulties , facing retirement, suffering or suffered abuse or struggling with eating disorders
BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Accredited) and I am bound by its Ethical Framework. My work is supervised by a senior practitioner.
I have a private practice in Farnham as well as working at the Haslemere Clinic
Please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions or would just like to explore how I may be able to help.
Mob: 07748 777192 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a qualified Psychotherapist and Counsellor and I obtained my degree at Worcester University and then I went onto qualify as a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist training at The Clifton Practice, which is recognised centre of Excellence for hypnotherapy; it is considered to be one of the top training schools.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) this is the largest registered, professional body for Psychotherapists in the United Kingdom.
My vocational back ground encompasses 28 years’ of working with adults and children. For several years I worked as a volunteer counsellor (Cruse bereavement).As specialist in the Solution focused hypnotherapy’ I focus on finding solutions and we will not dwell on your problems.
Your sessions will comprise of a combination of talking therapy techniques when we will discuss the changes you want to make and the steps you can take to complete your goals to reach your preferred future. I will not regress or go back over your past experiences.
During your initial consultation we will discuss your goals and how you can achieve them so that you begin your transition towards them. As a brain based therapist I will explain how your brain works so that you understand why you behave in ways, or make decisions that you know are unhelpful. Your sessions are supplemented with a CD which I give to you at the end of your Initial consultation; this is to support your therapy at home. I provide a friendly and professional approach that is designed to inspire, improve and alter your thinking patterns and behaviour styles so that you make sustainable changes.
My objectives are to –
- To initiate and generate encouraging, optimistic solutions,
- Improve your confidence to help you create a belief in yourself so that you accomplish your goals,
- Help you to reflect in a positive way and to become enthusiastic,
- To remind and introduce an awareness of “what is good about you” by introducing new resources and highlighting your existing strengths,
- Assist you to move towards a preferred future,
- Provide the opportunity to define change,
- Provide insight into what is working,
- Continue to support what is working,
- During sessions I will educate you so that you understand how your brain and thinking styles develop. Part of our work will be to help you to establish positive and sustainable thinking and feeling pathways,
- Hypnotherapy is a natural and gentle way to treat all kinds of emotional and psychological problems. Please remember that your brain is always learning, this is called Neuroplasticity, we now know that our brains are constantly growing new neural pathways throughout our lives. This means that you can harness more effective, fulfilling and flexible thinking. When you understand this you can make sustainable changes to your thinking, behaviour and ultimately to your feelings too.
- Together, we will deal with change. I am committed to help you work towards personal awareness so that you gain insight and clarity into your life. My sessions are carefully applied and delivered in the right context to suit your particular needs, I balance my sessions with technical expertise, intuition and a sense of humour.
- Hypnotherapy is used to:
- increase confidence,
- increase motivation,
- learn how to control anxiety and negative ,automatic ,thoughts,
- increase memory and concentration,
- encourage an individual to focus
- overcome fear of failure and
- learn how to relax.
- In each session we will discuss your options to find out how you can make and achieve a healthier mind, body and ultimately an all-round sustainable-happier lifestyle.
- Stop smoking; to do this successfully you need to have intellectual control.
- I have an ENHANCED DBS – Disclosure and Barring service, I am eligible to work with children and vulnerable adults (this was previously called a CRB)
- I am fully insured and supervised.
- As a qualified Psychotherapist I have undergone extensive professional training and I continue to attend (CPD) Continued Professional Development. I work within the strict guidelines of the BACP, AfSFH and the NCH and I adhere completely to their guidelines of conduct, confidentiality and their ethical framework.
Mob: 07818 003400 | Email: email@example.com